Construction of the log house
Dwelling house is a building, in which we spend most of our time. Therefore, a house must be cozy, warm and environmentally friendly. Our company offers an eco-friendly and a lasting solution for your dwelling house – a log house. You can choose by your needs: round logs, hewed logs, combined type, a log house made of glued beam or shield-shaped frame house.
Each building must be projected, prepared and implemented carefully and responsibly. That is why a construction of a log house consists of a few main phases of construction process:
- Order and design of a log house. Together with the architect an architectural house project and drawings are being created, and engineering solutions are being discussed. The construction of a house is implemented according to an architectural solution of a client or our company‘s specialists. Construction deadlines and finances are being evaluated. The contract is concluded when the client approves the project.
- Wood selection and preparation. We choose the type of wood according to a client‘s needs and environmental conditions.A constructive building billet is made of wood logs, also known as „carriage“ (logs with rectangular profile, edged on two sides). Billet‘s standard dimensions: width 16 – 26 cm, height 28 – 60 cm. Specific wood manufactures are coordinated with each client individually.
- Wood drying. Several decades ago wood was dried naturally; this process took place for at least 5 years. Nowadays wood is dried in special rooms, for about 1 month. Currently the drying process is 60 times faster than several decades ago. In order to implement the projects, specialists of our company use only the dried wood, which was dried in special drying rooms (18-20% humidity). Properly dried timber can withstand two times greater load, it does not deform, also has a better aesthetic image.
If timber is not properly dried, there may be negative effects on a house construction: the change of a color, rotting, mold growth, changing dimensions (wood shrinks in a process of drying). Timber, which is affected by sudden temperature changes, can extremely deform.
- Work in wood manufacturing workshop. Primary manufacturing of logs is done with automated hardware, while final works are performed manually. Manual work is very important, as every log has to be processed separately because of different roughness and dimensions. House walls are built while installing horizontal logs one on another. Natural logs are of different height, so while laying the upper ring, the cut of a log, which is being laid down, is adjusted. This method is used in order to make all connected logs correspond the bumping of the bottom log.
In intersection spots (in corners) logs are jointed at an angle. If logs are connected in this way, they closely combine with each other, and a house looks attractive and natural.
A house is constructed in workhouse, in order for the client to be able to evaluate the project, to discuss and coordinate all technical things before installation on prepared foundation. During this control assemblage, the electrical wiring holes are drilled in the house (according to the project of the house‘s electrical wiring, made in advance).
When the job in the workhouse is done, the house is dismantled and ready for transportation to the building place of the house.
- Assembly of the house on the foundation. In order for the walls to be structurally integral, wooden pegs are nailed around the holes (at the edges of logs). In such cases, when the house‘s interior partitions are constructed of panels, notches are milled on the walls. They are necessary in order to inject plaster cardboard plates.
The columns of the house are fastened with special anchors (anchor is a metal, constructive fastening element), they also must be regulated during subsidence of wooden constructions. During the first year the fastening elements of columns must be regulated four times, during the third year – two times, later – one time per year.
- Trim and painting of the house. When wooden constructions are built, the final polishing of the house is performed. When those wooden constructions are polished, painting takes place.Paint is the main protection against aging, humidity and ultraviolet rays of the log house‘s walls. There is possibility to choose paint between colorless and colored.
If proper protection measures of the log house are applied, wooden construction can become significantly more durable than houses built from other construction material.
- Windows and roof. Shapes and grooves are cut in constructions of logs, in which supports are placed. Frames of windows are attached to those supports. When windows are supported in this way, manually processed and mounted logs settle evenly. According to client‘s wishes, there are two opening types of doors and windows that can be mounted: European (opening to the inside of the house), Scandinavian (opening to the outside of the house).
At the beginning of the roof mounting, first mounted thing is the moving constructions of the roof. Rafters are attached to purlins. To stop the construction from spreading, rafters are mounted while leaving a minimum space at the outer walls.
- Finals works. At the customer‘s request, the inside of the house is installed according to the ideas, suggested by designer or customer. When all requests are fulfilled, the house keys are handed according to the commitment contract.
The log house is lasting, ecologic, reliable and economical decision for full-fledged lifestyle.